Transparency in Our Supply Chains
Awareness of labour issues in the seafood industry has increased in recent years through a number of high-profile media cases. Lack of traceability is a common key factor in these cases of forced and/or underage labour. Lovering Foods has a publicly stated commitment to 100% traceability in our full product range and continuously strives to mitigate risks of labour issues in our complex international supply chains.
- Further develop our CSR Department, dedicating a team member to ethical trade;
- Formalise and strengthen Loverings' private label risk assessment procedure and ethical sourcing policy;
- Ensure that all suppliers are SEDEX members, have a completed SAQ, and have conducted ethical audits as necessary according to their risk assessment outcome;
- Conduct ethical risk assessments on all Kingfisher and Royal Line supply chains, and own-label supply chains where a retailers own policy is not available;
- Continue to expand our third-party engagement.Read More
From March 2017, we plan to expand the scope of our responsible sourcing policy to include our fruit, vegetable, and Oriental goods supply chains. We have decided to focus first on our seafood supply chains as this industry is of a higher risk.